Philips MFB 9638

4 Berichten
3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
606 Bekeken
(@fllorian)
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

hello, sorry i do not speak dutch, but perhaps somebody could help me, i have a pair of MFB 9638, and one of them has continuous white noise/static sound, independant of the volume setting, even at miniumum, with or without music signal, which part(s) must i change? (could it be a condenser?)

Citeren
(@andre)
Lid Moderator

Hi Fllorian,

Welcome on our forum.

The 9638 is a bit famous about the problems they have. Every speaker of the series need some maintenance after so much years. You mentioned a noisy sound from the speaker, can you be more specific? The 9638 has 2 amplifiers so if it comes from both speakers then the problem is in the first part of the schema. 9638 speakers, even when they in a good condition, produce soft sea sounds from the woofer. This is the mfb circuit that is doing its job. When the sound become more of a rumble, then there is a real problem and could be a faulty woofer or the electronics.

AndrΓ©

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@herman)
Famed Member

You may contact me about the possibilities for foreign repairs.

Hopefully I can help you.

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@fllorian)
Topic starter  

πŸ˜€ Thank you Andre, Herman for answering. You asked what sound i hear. Well, i would describe it as the hiss sound from a cassette tape, but not always the same, it also sounds like the wind blowing , as if there are small static discharges with varying volume, it comes out of all three speakers. The volume of this hiss sound cannot be changed with the 'sensitivity adjustment', you can change its level however with the variable resistors on the bottomside (yes, this also changes the overall tonal balance, i am aware of that)

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: