2 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
525 Bekeken
 psk
(@psk)
Deelgenomen: 13 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Hi,
I'm a lucky owner of a pair of 532's that I have had since late 70's. Over the years I have replaced the AD5060 and also some electrolytic capacitors with tantal equivalent.
Now I experience that the units begin to sound a little bit "tired" and I plan to do a major restoration and I'm looking for some tip's and ideas what to do. I will continue replacing the electrolytic's and also replace cable's, clean connectors and perhaps switch the power supply ...
Do you think this is relevant?
Are there more things to do to enhance my mfb's.
Since I have some problems understanding the dutch language, there are perhaps a lot of ideas around already in the forum. If you could point out the interesting articles I can perhaps together with Google translate make some use of them.
Thanks
Peter

Citeren
(@herman)
Famed Member
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

Hi Peter,

I will keep it simple for you because your problem might easily be solved.

The bad sound in this 532 will probably be caused by bad small capacitors (esp. C499=4.7u, C534=22u )

You can also replace the outputstage of the midd/high amp to improve the sound: BD266/BD267 and the two 1-ohm resistors.
Use BD649/BD650 for that.

I have had some bad sounding 532's due to one open 1 ohm resistor, if
they read 1 ohm on your meter these resistors are ok.

The final improvement can be done by changing its tweeter for a newer type. AD0160 is sometimes said to be too loud, however it must always have been like that in your 532.

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: