4 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
603 Bekeken
 kon1
(@kon1)
Deelgenomen: 15 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Hi!

First of all: Excuse me, I dont speak any dutch! But I think this is the best forum for my problem...

I was given some 567s from my aunt who wanted to get rid of that old trash...
Well, they turned out to be really good speakers!

At least one of them. The other one has a broken woofer. It is really wrecked, no chance to repair.

Now, I'm almost sure none of you knows a way to get to an original woofer. If you do, let me know

The other idea I had:
Why not take a technically identical woofer and fit the acceleration-sensor into this one? This wouldn't reach the quality of the original woofer, but it may be worth a try!
What I would need: TSP of the original woofer.

What do you think? Possible?

Greetings,
Kon1

Citeren
 Remi
(@remi)
Noble Member
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

see here what Herman did to repair a F9638 woofer 8)
http://www.mfbfreaks.nl/artikel/service/1/index.htm l"> http://www.mfbfreaks.nl/artikel/service/1/index.html

A big problem with the 567 woofer may be to take out the MFB-element, it is cemented with a very good compound.
I've tried once to free the element of an 544 woofer and failed.
I used a dentist drill to work around the element but there was simply to much glue left under the element and i didn't want to ruin the rest of the speaker. in your case, while your woofer is beyond repair you may dig somewhat deeper to get it loose.

good luck! 8)

BeantwoordenCiteren
 kon1
(@kon1)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick answer.

So it has been done before πŸ™‚
While there's nothing left to destroy I should give it a try. I just removed the dust-cap, you are right, a large amount of glue but nothing impossible.

I'll post some photos tomorrow.

The only thing I would still need is a fitting substitute speaker...

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@herman)
Famed Member

I have seen those speakers a long time ago.
They carry the same name, but don't have the /mfb extension.
AD10100

Just fit an mfb element from a cheaper RH541 speaker if you destroy your original, and always make sure that you do not mistake the + and - connections !

And don't attach too much extra weight with glue etc.
Also make sure that its magnet screws are tight fit.

EDIT: I saw them today : http://link.marktplaats.nl/22791359 6"> http://link.marktplaats.nl/227913596

BeantwoordenCiteren
 kon1
(@kon1)
Topic starter  

Ok, I ordered the AD10100 /w4 and I received it yesterday. I succesfully transformed it into a AD10100 /mfb.
They are playing right now and it sounds great πŸ˜€

I made some pictures during the repair. If anybody's interessted, i can write a short documentation ?!

BeantwoordenCiteren
 Remi
(@remi)
Noble Member

πŸ™‚ that will be nice 8)

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@herman)
Famed Member

@kon1 wrote:

I made some pictures during the repair. If anybody's interessted, i can write a short documentation ?!

Very well done !
A copy of your documentation to our info mailadress would be appreciated.

BeantwoordenCiteren
 kon1
(@kon1)
Topic starter  

Hi

I'm sorry it took me so long. I was a bit busy...

Replacing a MFB-Element from a Philips AD10100/MFB into a Philips AD10100/W4 substitute speaker

I needed to replace one of the Woofer of some 567's because it was wrecked. While theres no big chance to find an original woofer, I tried to find a suitable speaker and fit the MFB-Element of my wrecked woofer in. The hardest part is to get the substitute-woofer. It needs to be the AD10100/W4, which is technically identical but without MFB-element.

Ok I got one. Unfortunately it has the wrong color. But on the other hand... who cares?
The black one is the original:

I removed the dustcap an there it was...:

Because my woofer was totally wrecked, I didn't hesitate to use violence to seperate it. It's actually pretty easy. Just cutting everything away which isn't the MFB-element. It's important however, to mark the wires!

Here we are:

Next Step: Removing the dustcap of the substitute-woofer. Its very important to be careful, here. Any dirt falling into the gap between coil and magnet could kill the woofer!

Fits perfectly! πŸ™‚

Drilling two small holes for the wires:

And gluing it in. I used some slowly drying 2-components epoxy resin.

Then refitting the dust cap. A new one might be a good idea, I used the old one.
Soldering the wires to the new "terminal". Ok, this looks very ugly, but it works and nobody is going to see it. Once again, make sure to don't confuse + and -!

And it's done. It's working fine :). The only difference stays the color.

I'll send a copy of this to your mailadress.

BeantwoordenCiteren
 Remi
(@remi)
Noble Member

πŸ˜€ Great! well done 8)

the yellow color isn't bad at all πŸ˜›

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@zapper)
Famed Member

It is funny to see that the PCB with the element is much smaller. I guess one from the 7 inch speaker and placed into some plastic disc. Someone here on the forum wants do do something similar using a modern PA woofer. What wonders me: was there not a copper case behind the transducer?

BeantwoordenCiteren
 Remi
(@remi)
Noble Member

yep foto 5

this is the first time i see the inside of an 567 woofer with the plastic disc, never realized that the distance made the use of this disc necessary.

great pictures πŸ˜›

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: