11 Berichten
3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
670 Bekeken
(@crismed)
Deelgenomen: 15 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Hello dear friends,

I'm Christi from Romania ... I really need your help in finding the 4 woofers and 2 isophase tweters from FB825 or FB860 ... I'm a big fan of these speakers but they are very rare in Romania ... I bought a pair of FB825 from Austria but they come in really bad shape ( broken isophase tweters advertised like OK, torn coil woofers also advertised like OK - what can I say, I paid allot of money for some wood cases). Maybe someoane will help me with some woofers and tweters in good condition or that need only refoaming ( regarding tweters I accept also the round version of FB820 - FB850 and FB830 or suprony dome or FB840, because that the i Know that the isophase rectangular ones are guite rare[/ b]) ... I can pay in advance trough paypall for speakers and for the shipment.
Please ... If someone can help me write at email: medinceanu@gmail.com ...
Thank you so much ..

Christi
Romania

Citeren
(@mattie)
Honorable Member
Deelgenomen: 17 jaar geleden

the isophase is sometimes repairable , just make the connection back on the foil , also is the isophase protected with a relais for overvoltage , is that still working ? ( dirty contacts ) and you have on the back the connection to the amp twice connected , becouse the woofer / mid high are separate connected .
the woofer is reconable , the foamrings are about 8 euro's in the netherlands look on www.audiofriends.nl . is the foam bad then you have a sticky crumbely ring on the outside of your woofers , but they must still work than , only when the whole foam is goane its scratches itself en than is goes broken en you have to buy new units . but they are not new for sale anymore only secondhand .

greets from mattie

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@crismed)
Topic starter  

Dear Mattie,

Thank you for your informations...unfurnately the damage of the foil is very large (almost the entire part of the circuit in the left part of the yellow center band is distroid)..so i don't think that the circuit can be remade... regarding the relay protection ...Idon't know what to say but this is missing...they person from wich I bought them sustains that the speakers heave never been opened (maybe is possible that in the first edition of FB825 this protection unit to be missing, reason for wich I think that the tweters where damaged)...
Regarding the woofers...the coil scratches...the units have been used with distroid menbrane and now the coil is distroid also...so recoil is an option but I don't know if I will obtain the sound of the original woofers...so I'm looking to buy second hand but infunction...refoamnig is not a problem but this has to be the only problem...
in your country heave been sold allot of these speakers and maybe someoane has some that can selll...

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@mattie)
Honorable Member

if the isophase's are that much damaged , you cant fix them . but the only manufacturer of the ribbons is goan bankrupt in juni this year en so makes it very difficult to find a pair of good ones , and 4x woofers . and if you have the fb825 it could be that there is no relay buildt in . a set of good ones are going here for a 250 euro's so also not cheap . the 850 has round isophase , and only the 821 and 860 has isophase , but smaller with the 821 . woofers are even harder to get , becouse they are 15 ohms
and is a weird impedance to find in regular woofers . has the mid's still a good foam ring ? and also you must talked this problem over with the seller of the speakers , its a ebay rule to deliver wat you promise , especially for that much money .

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@crismed)
Topic starter  

I made a complain to ebay to tell them about the problem..I payd 200Euro plus 150Euro shipment cost...so you can see way I'm desapointed...the guy that seled to me siad that he didin't know that the spekaers - isophase are distroid and the woofers are OK but need refoaming...I bought original refoams from Holand ..now I'm tryng to find also the spekaers...
I received an oferr for 2 isophase from FB821..you mention that these are smaller in power? ...I should take special consideration if I buy them and conect in the FB825 filters? do you heave an original schematic of the filters if FB825...I want to check if they heave the original components...()(my impresion is that somenaone made some works also in these, the resistors are soldered in a very stange way - they are half outside the PCB ) . In case tha I buy the isophase from FB821 I don't want that something hapens to them...
Regards,

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@mattie)
Honorable Member

i looked on the site , but only the fb1000 has bigger units , if you have the rsq8p there is only one model from that type . there is also a rt8p but it is a different model , you must buy the same units which were used in your speakers , and then it is good .

isnt it so with your woofers that only the litze is broken that goes from the connections to the conus , becouse that is also a posibility . and somtimes are there loose woofers on www.marktplaats.nl but it is rare in this time .

and could you clame the problems with the transportcompany , with that distance it could be due to vibrations .

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@crismed)
Topic starter  

the tweters are ad21601 rt8

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@jorissie)
Reputable Member

Hi,

You emailed me about some 4 Ohm tweeters, besides that I don't actually
want to ship to Romania (has nothing to do with you, I just don't want to take
the risk of shipment failure) they don't sound as good as the original
isophase tweeters.

I had many FB825 parts in the past, but unfortunately I sold them.
The first batch of FB825s wasn't equipped with the protection relay boards.
That's the main reason why they sound much better than the newer ones.
The tweeters are AD21601 RT8 which means you can't use RT8P (die cast aluminum version)
because the housing is slightly bigger. You have to
use the RT8 version. On www.ebay.com you have a chance of buying them,
but it won't be cheap.

You have a good chance of finding the woofers on www.marktplaats.nl just
like mattie said, but they are rare, even in Holland.
I'll keep an eye open for you, maybe I'll spot them somewhere.
In that case I'll mail you.

Best regards,
Joris

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@crismed)
Topic starter  

Hello Joris,

Thank you for your response. Regarding your worry about shipment failure...it's a risk that I heave to take,but the risk is only for me,not for you or anyone esle willing to help me... You receieve the money for the speaker and for the transport in adavance..so if the parcel realy arrives is only my risk...I take this risk because in Holland these speakers have been sold in greather number..so they are easier to find...anyhere esle are still quite unknown and rare to find...
Thank you for your good intention in tryng to help me...I realy apreciate...
Regards,

Christi

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@jorissie)
Reputable Member

Hi Christi,

As promised:
I got you a pair of woofers: http://link.marktplaats.nl/284995411
If you email him kindly, he might want to ship them to romania.

Best regards,
Joris

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@crismed)
Topic starter  

hello Joris,

i contacted this gentelmen 3 weeks ago...don;t speak any english and i don't know ducth..i was not able to convince him to sell it to me because of the language barier...

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: