4 Berichten
3 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
569 Bekeken
(@mohammed)
Deelgenomen: 18 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Hi
I have a pair of Philips FB815x BK01 bookshelf speakers that I just absolutely love finally gave up on me. The surrounding around the woofer is torn/dissolved so naturally sound quality has gone down the tube, is there any way to salvage this speaker? No one in U.S. carries these speakers anymore and I called Philips and they don’t have this woofer anymore either. The admin of this forum suggested that the surrounding can be bought in Holland, could some one point me to an online store that sells this surroundings. My other option would be to get comparable spare woofers.

The speakers are almost 12 years old but if you listen to them they sound like new and much better than the Polks and Infinity’s I see at Circuit C. They are 3-way bookshelf speaker stand in a small speaker stand and have dome tweeters very crisp very clean and very tight. I bought them from “Silo” (no longer exist) and it’s so hard for me to let them go, may be because I haven’t heard anything with a decent price range as good as them. Yeah I know Philips are not known for building quality speakers but I love them, they are made in Belgium and weigh a lot. So how can I rebuild them, please suggest.

Thanks

Hallo

Ik heb een paar het boekenreksprekers van Philips FB815x BK01 datvan ik enkel absoluut definitief opgaf op me houd. Het omringen rond woofer gescheurd/is de opgeloste zo natuurlijk correcte kwaliteit is gegaan onderaan de buis, is daar om het even welke manier om deze spreker te bergen? Niemand in de V.S. vervoert meer deze sprekers en ik riep Philips en zij hebben meer ook niet dit woofer niet. Admin van dit forum stelde voor dat het omringen in Holland kan worden gekocht, kon één of andere één me aan een online opslag richten die deze omgeving verkoopt. Mijn andere optie zou vergelijkbare extra woofers moeten krijgen.

De sprekers zijn bijna 12 jaar oud maar als u aan hen luistert zij klinken als nieuw en veel beter dan Polks en de Oneindigheid die ik gezien=heb= bij Kring C . Zij zijn 3-way tribune van de boekenrekspreker in een kleine sprekerstribune en hebben kernachtige zeer schoon van koepeltweeters zeer en zeer strak. Ik kocht hen van "Silo" (besta niet meer) en het is zo hard want me om hen te laten gaan, kan zijn omdat ik om het even wat met een fatsoenlijke prijswaaier zo niet goed zoals hen heb gehoord. Ja weet ik Philips niet gekend voor bouwkwaliteitssprekers is maar ik houd van hen, worden zij gemaakt in België en wegen een. Zo hoe ik hen kan herbouwen, gelieve voor te stellen.

Danke

Citeren
(@tubes)

Hi Mohammed,

Great translation man, it gave me a good laugh. Good to hear that you like the FB815 so much.
A while ago the same happened to my FB825 speakers, of which the woofers are also famous for the fact that the foam surrounds dissolve over time. Replacement woofers are impossible to get (even for me who works @ Philips) and then again these would probably have the same problem since production stopped long ago.
To save the speakers you will need to have new surrounds fitted to the existing drivers. You can have that done for you by commercial companies, but you can also try yourself if you dare to take the risk and want to save a lot of money. Someone in the US who helped me out on my Philips speakers was Richard from http://www.wooferrepair.co m"> http://www.wooferrepair.com You can check the website from which you can download a video how to repair woofers yourself. I have completed this succesfully and if you do it nicely your FB's will last forever, since modern foam surrounds do not deteriorate over time anymore.
Good luck 😉

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@zapper)
Famed Member
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

Note that fb815 woofers may be 7.5 inch and fb825 8 inch!

If you can't do it yourself maybe this helps:
http://www.speakerreparatie.nl/speakerrep.html
tel 0513-431337 this is in friesland. There are more services. Try google.nl to search 😉

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@mohammed)
Topic starter  

Hi Tubes/Zapper

Thanks for you suggestion I will contact them this week and go from there. Oh! I used Alta Vista for the translation 😀

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: