Meldingen
Alles wissen

Philips FB-860 loudspeakers and what amplifier?

6 Berichten
2 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
1,271 Bekeken
(@summit1_1)
Deelgenomen: 13 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Hello friends!! I am Yiannis from Greece, last year i bought a pair of Philips Fb-860 loudspeakers, i've used a sony 5,1 str-db 840 amp, not very good combination. Later i bought a used Krell s300i amplifier and the sound got a lot better but still feel like the midrange and voices are a little thin, they lack warmth. Recently i found a forgotten marantz pm-325 amplifier in the basement. I hooked it with the Philips and the mids where warm again! Sadly though this is a small and old amp. I would really really appreciate it if you could suggest me a few amplifiers that you know they run well with the Philips fb-860. I am looking for a stereo amplifier. I don't mind if it is old or new. I only want to have enough power for the philips speakers, and to be warm on the voices and high frequencies. I don't want an amplifier with best characteristics, i want an amplifier with best sound! Warm and tireless. This is a great forum and i have learnt many great stuff!! I am sorry for the English language, unfortunately i don't speak any Dutch. English also isn't my first language so please excuse me if i made a few of mistakes. Thank you very much in advance! Have a nice holidays!!

Citeren
(@gijzje)
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

would go for one of below are older types but after revision(recap) they are very good for you purpose
philips:

fa860,fa890, fa960, fa 950 or fa 951

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@summit1_1)
Topic starter  

Hello dear friend gijzje,thank you for your fast answer. Isn't recapping going to affect their sonic characteristics? Have you ever owned a Philips fb-860? What of these amps have you used? I am trying to find at ebay and marktplaats, so if i decide to try a philips amp wwhich one of these should be my best choice? Something like from the best to the worst.

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@gijzje)
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

Hi Yiannis,

I would choose for the amplifier from the same time period as your Speakers

Which is the 900 series of Philips from best to less :

fa 951
fa 941
fa 931

of course older types can be used also because Philips at that period
created very good stuff

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@summit1_1)
Topic starter  

Thank you dear friend, i want to buy one, and i really cant deside between fa950-951, fa 860, and fa960 because i can't hear them πŸ™ . Does anyone know what is the difference between fa950 and fa951?

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@summit1_1)
Topic starter  

Hello, please can someone tell which one is better than the other? Which would you choose for the philips fb 860? Fa951 or Fa950

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: