MFB 567 modification and question

4 Berichten
2 Gebruikers
0 Vind-ik-leuks
435 Bekeken
(@ronvonck)
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

First, please apologize my english, but I am sure it is MUCH better then my dutch (or nederlands? sorry, I don't know...)
I have bought a pair of MFB speakers type 567, and noticed some differences. Maybe some of you can explain?
Second, I have modified the speakers to cinch-sockets. Not a great thing, but if you might have a look on it? Please follow this link:

(There is no advertisement, but some small pictures of the differences and modification, all in all 336 kB)
Thank you!
Mathias

Citeren
(@herman)
Famed Member
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

The blue ground wire seems no big deal to me.
What I would suggest is to not connect your cinch-connectors to the metal backplane.

In stead isolate them ( like in any amplifier ) and use a wire to connect the groud to the point where the dinconnectors are grounded.

[%sig%]

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@ronvonck)
Deelgenomen: 4 jaar geleden
Topic starter  

Thank you!
But what is the difference? The cinch sockets are grounded separately by wire, and the DIN-Ground too has (as I remember) no impedance to the metal of the backplane. Am I too naive in electronical manners?herman schreef:

BeantwoordenCiteren
(@herman)
Famed Member
Deelgenomen: 19 jaar geleden

Mathias,

The point /place to connect ground wires is kept central, as much as possible. This is to avoid oscilation etc. (dutch "aardlussen")

You should not be able to measure any voltage between the cirquitground and the backplane.

[%sig%]

BeantwoordenCiteren
Deel: